What is oppositional defiant disorder?
Oppositional defiant disorder is a pattern of hostile and defiant behaviour that affects the child’s schoolwork and relationships.
Does your child have oppositional defiance disorder?
If your child has often done any four of the following things more than is normal during the past 6 months, then you should consider having them assessed by a psychologist.
- often loses temper
- often argues with adults
- often actively refuses to do what you ask them to
- often deliberately annoys people
- often blames others for his or her mistakes or misbehaviour
- is often touchy or easily irritated by others
- is often angry and resentful
- is often spiteful or vindictive